Monday, February 06, 2006

One more ...

One more year. One more day. One more Valentines day.

Only when my friend told me what he is planning to gift his girlfriend, did I realise, twenty-two Valentines Day had went past me and now look straight into my face. Twenty-two. Twenty-two is also important because I was born on that day.

Exactly a week is left. Exactly seven days. Seven. What a coincidence! Thats the month I was born in - July. Most of these Twenty-two years went without my knowing the significane of the date, 14 February. It doesnt matter, anyway, because the rest of them slipped through my fingers like sand. I was unable to hold it. The more I tried, the faster it flowed. And was gone.

Futile attempts that I make, though, I know its going to be the same. As it had been, always. Alone.

I dont know why? Everyyear, everytime, as this date arrived I distanced myself from everyone and everything. No more TVs, no more newspapers, no more markets, no more talks. I keep away from everything that reminds me that Valentines day is arriving. I fear to look at it face-to-face, as it smiles straight at me. Maybe I fear someone else being in my life, replacing my first love. I do it to keep myself away from getting closer to someone else. I spend a whole week with the image of my beloved, though she is no more.

And the week has started. From tomorrow there wont be a TV program for me, no newspapers, no going out to the market, no talks. And the last two days I wont even be getting out of my room. No more communication with this world, this letter might be the last.

I know the god will give me enough courage to do what i could not in the past, and I will be with her. In the dawn the sunrays would make her face glow bright, while she would look at the vanishing ship, far in the ocean; and after a long time I would be able to sleep beside her with my closed eyes, while she would caress my hairs with her soft hands. And I will hold the sand in my hand, and this time I wont let it slip through my fingers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarit said...

you left the thread hanging..
First love...? Who is she? :)

12:34 AM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

True, wat happened to her?

1:43 PM  
Blogger prem said...

Sarit, that was a long time ago. There is no "is" anymore, or as far as i know.
Rathna, even i dont know what happened to her. Its "just" that i never saw her again.....

1:59 AM  
Blogger pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

awesome post buddy

6:29 AM  
Blogger prem said...

push: thank you!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Website Counter