Friday, December 30, 2005

So much to do in this life, and so less a time and money

Too much, too soon is...

I had thirty-seven rupees and fifty paise in my pocket...

Thats all I had today evening when i got down from the bus, at Atta Market, on the way back to room. Toady is last friday of December - so you can imagine how much money would have had in my bank account- and had thought that i will get down at Atta Market and buy 'Business and Economy' magazine, and will walk back to the room and will. As it being a weekend, I had lot of time, and had planned that today's time I will spend reading it.

Unfortunately, the new edition of the mag' hasn't arrived. And I was not exactly depressed, but all my plans failed. So I thought i must buy some other magazine instead of that.....

....and looking for others, I ended up buying 'Business Today', 'BusinessWorld', and 'Money'.......

But then, will i be able to read it all?.....Well I think I can, as I finished the whole of the previous issue of Business Today in just one day, yesterday.

Content will that I was on my way back, and could not stop the temptation to walk into 'Galgotia Book Store'. I love going through books...and was soon absorbed in the books on the racks. Just to mention the intensity of it, I stood there going throught the books for more than an hour, oblivious of so many people besides me.

And the same thing happened here too...
Too much too soon...
I ended up buying:
1) The Best of Ruskin Bond 250/-
2) Shantaram 416/- (international best seller)...while browsing through it i loved it though I never heard of this beek before....maybe you can say, first love.
3) The Writerly Life (R K Narayan) 295/-

So here I walked out with a bill of 961/-....
Despite having only thirty-seven rupees and fifty paise...
....I had to use my credit card, and I am already in a debt of more that 19,000/- that i borrowed from my friends.

You may call it bad luck, or a good one depending on the view you take.

In spite of spending so much in a single buy I was happy. Happy because I was out with such a low bill, as while i stood there amongst the books I cam across many of the famous books that I have in the list "to be read". Just to mane a few, Midnight Childrens, A suitable Boy,
Train to Pakistan, Delhi and Nightingale by Khushwant Singh...and many more, but its not possible to mention all of them here.

So I have got a lot to finish and that too very soon....
I am currently in the midst of 'Great Expectation'(...started it more that three weeks ago, but coudlnt finish it yet.....); and 'The Best of O.HENRY'.

"So much to do in this life, and so less a time and money"

4 Comments:

Blogger Arbit said...

cool dude...I also bought a book, heavy on philosophy..

8:45 AM  
Blogger br!j :-) said...

off late i have also started reading books, but ofcourse FOC :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger br!j :-) said...

neway whats the status of your AdSense do you get any hits :-s

8:51 AM  
Blogger prem said...

@Karthik: to much of philosophy books, ruins a philosophers mind

@Brij: whats FOC ?

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Website Counter