Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Word That Never Existed

Was it today? yesterday?...or the day before that? Well, i don't remember. Maybe i have started to forget things. Yes, i have started to forget things.

There was a time, when i was very proud of my memory. Once i remembered a thing, i never forgot that. Be it anyone, my friends or family, i always boasted about it in front of them whenever i got the chance.

But, i am not sure if i still posses that ability. These day's have started to forget even very minute things around me, as if i never knew it. It was when i was typing something last time, i got confused over the spelling of a particular word. I tried to recollect it.....i knew that word very well....i had used it a number of times. But, this time i dont know what happened? Though it was late in the night and i was very tired, i got up from my chair, and got the dictionary from the shelf in the corner of my room. I tried looking for the word. At the same time i was feeling silly as i was looking for such a simple word. I turned the pages...But, the word was not there. I looked up again..how was that possible?..but couldnt find it. There was no such word in the
dictionary. I know its not true. I know, the word exists.

Again, today, i looked for it in the dictionary, but could not find it. I know its not true. I know its a dream. I will look for it again tomorrow....and day after tomorrow, till i find it. I know its not true. I know its just a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Website Counter